My mom lives with us. My mom, at any given time has a stash or Oreos, Pringles and Peanut M&M’s. We have tried to cure her of this insanity, but have learned to back off. Possibly because she will disinherit me if I toss the stash. But that is neither here nor there.
This is a story about Oreos.
My children see the Oreos as something they deserve for a job well done.
“Grandma, I peed in the potty and not in your garden! Can I have an Oreo?”
You get the picture.
So, Boo some how finagled some Oreos from Grandma today, and being the kind, sweet boy he is asked if he could take some to his brother Greg. (Secretly he was hoping to get another Oreo. “Grandma! I shared YOUR Oreos with Greg, can I have another?”) What Grandma didn’t know was at that moment, Greg was in the bathroom. So Boo slid the cookies under the door. Into the bathroom. A bathroom where 4 boys do what boys do. Daily. Do you understand what I am telling you? THE COOKIES WERE ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR. And, brace yourself….Greg ate them. Take a moment. I am sure you need to compose yourself.
This brings me to another subject…germs. And germ warfare. Specifically, flu vaccines. Did I mention that my mom is a nurse? She, after hearing about the cookies on the floor fiasco, quickly dialed the vaccine hotline and made her appointment to combat germs that may be present in our house, on our floor, in HER Oreo cookies. Actually, in a calm voice, she mentioned that it may be time for her vaccine.
I pointed out, that my family doesn’t get the vaccine, and we tend to be healthy. (Of course we are healthy, we eat our germs off the floor, disguised as Oreos)
Boo, remembering that Grandma was a nurse, and gave other people shots. So he asked her,
“Grandma, why don’t you just shoot yourself!”
And, that my friends, is the story of the Oreo. Anyone wanna come over for cookies and milk?
No comments:
Post a Comment