Thursday, September 16, 2010

Throw out the new, bring in the old...

My husband sold my bookshelf.  On Craigslist.  Without telling me.  I realized this when a strange woman was in my dining room, ooohing and ahhhing over my book case.

 

Me:  Honey, who is this strange lady?

Farmer Ted:   The woman who is buying the bookcase.

Me:  Why is she buying my bookcase?

Farmer Ted:  Cuz I put it on Craigslist.

Me:  Why?

Farmer Ted:  It was part of a set.

Oh.

You see, he had a desk in his office, that matched my bookcase.  (Insert big head slap here.)  Duh.

So, Farmer Ted, sold my bookcase.

 That housed my books. 

And piles of unimportant stuff. 

And a dust bunny named Steve.

And so, I told him, in my sternest voice, that I would be taking his loot, and buying, get this, a BOOKCASE.  So with loot in hand, I went to the local antique market, and purchased another bookshelf/cabinet/super cute, old rickety thing, for 3X the amount he sold my bookcase for. 

SO THERE. 

That will teach him to sell my stuff.

Hmmm….not that I am complaining.

I am hoping he sells my living room furniture next…

I saw a really cute chair at the antique mall…a little out of my price range…but…

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment