Thursday, September 2, 2010

Daybook for September 2, 2010

Outside my window:

Hello fog, I haven't seen you since last spring.  Please let summer come back.

I am listening to:

Roosters welcoming the morning, and my tea kettle warming on the stove.  The kids are still sleeping.  It has been a while since I have woken before them.  Welcome back routine.

I am Grateful for:

Routine.  I have enjoyed the lazy days of Summer, but have been craving routine.  It is nice to be on track.

I am Pondering:

"Simplicity is nothing but an act of charity, pure and simple, which has but one sole end-that of gaining the love of God.  Our soul is then truly simple, when we have no aim at all but this, in all we do." - St. Francis De Sales

I am reading:

Summer Fluff.  I need to read something that feeds me.  Just gotta finish this one book....:)

I am thinking:

I am pleased that Gus has started at the new high school, but I will miss his on going commentary throughout the day.  He has been my companion for the past 2 years.  I feel a little lonely.

I am creating:

I have not been the most creative person lately, but I am thinking of how to make my home more cozy.  Just gotta be creative.

Towards a Real Education:

Yesterday was our first day of school for Greg and Boo.  I thought that this year a more concrete time schedule would be a great idea.  I forgot that kids move at their own pace.  Boo zipped through everything and Greg was still daydreaming about summer.  I may have to rethink my schedule.  Also, I was surprised at how much they forgot over the summer.  Do you think they will be mad when I announce year round school?

Towards Rhythm and Beauty:

My house is trashed.  Between Yellowstone and Hawaii, Farmer Ted and I have been gone most of the month of August.  Alot of things have been neglected.  Especially the bathroom.  Yuk!  I wanted to finish up the kid's curriculum and didn't get the house back into shape.  That is hovering over me. 

To Live the Liturgy:

Routine!  So happy to see you.  I would like to add more liturgical celebrations in this year.

I am hoping and praying:

For all our kids as they go back to school, especially the high schoolers.  It is a tough world out there.

In the Garden:

Farmer Ted just announced he planted lettuce and broccoli.  I am amazed at the jungle that is my front yard.  Did I mention our veggie garden is in the front yard?

From the kitchen:

We have a ton of peppers.  Farmer Ted wants a Puerto Rican dinner.  That is what I will be looking for today.

One of My favorite things:

My blanket.  It has been chilly the past couple days.  I still want summer, but I do love my blanket.

A few plans for the rest of the Week:

Kick some dust bunnies booties!  I need to clean.  I can't think beyond that.

Picture Thoughts:


Summer sunset in Kauai

No comments:

Post a Comment